An Integrated Circuit Card ID (ICCID) is a unique number, typically 19 characters long, that identifies an individual IoT connectivity simcard. The ICCID is the primary identifier for a device in a sim management system. The number is printed on the simcard. The format is as follows:
- Major Industry Identifier (MII). This 2-digit number identifies the industry. “89” is used for telecommunications purposes.
- Country code. Variable length, 1-3 digits.
- Publisher identifier. Variable length depending on country or zone.
- Sim number. Variable length, depending on the publisher.
- One digit calculated from the other numbers using the Luhn formula.